Saturday, November 15, 2008

Religion.

Religion is, to me, experiencing what I cannot express as an experience, to others. I have not initiated myself into reflecting on religion. I always took the existence of God for a fact. My parents told me about the existence of God, when I was a young boy. I remember praying as a young boy, and I do remember that no one told me to pray. I watched my mother pray, and I started praying on my own. I prayed to God, sincerely, so sincerely, that it was as if I was speaking to myself. I used to ask for the well being of my family, and my pet dogs, without a hint of emotion, as if God was sitting in front of me. My mother to me, was the most profound experience, that I had as a child. But the person who introduced me to God, as an entity, who could be communicated to, as one communicates to a living entity, was Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa.I have not experienced God, but through Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa.What is religion? Belief in God, any belief in God, is religion. Perhaps, I had experienced God, earlier, before I had introduced myself to Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa. But I did not know, of my introduction to God. I was told, that there is a God, and he listens to our prayers, but I did not experience God as "God", because I had no concept of God. As a child I believed totally in God, whom I had not seen, heard, felt, listened to, etc. When I prayed to him, he existed, without existing. If someone had asked me, on whom I was praying to, I would have answered. If I were asked where God was, I would not have answered. When I read Sri Ramakrishna's words on God, it was as if I could not have dreamed to have uttered those words, but I had uttered those words nonetheless. How could a mere man have even dreamed to have said the words, which he said? If a mere man could have uttered those words, then I would have. But how did the words have such a profound impact on me, as if I was the person, who was saying the words? Even his words of chastisement are agreeable, because I see the truth in what he says. If he had uttered them to me, I would have agreed wholeheartedly. If previously, I had experienced religion on my own accord, now I experience religion, as it should be experienced. I have still not seen God, nor communicated with God.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Blogger maddy said...

Hi i liked your expressions about Religion and the concept of God

I fee a true Religion spirit comes only out of children with their innocence prayers. They dont know who God is still they think God is there and try to imagine that God is just around them. Thats the terrific way of communicating to God.

As we grow human tend to fall into the darker well of religion fundamentalism. That is truly our bad nature. For the sake of once's own religious thoughts man even try to offend others'. Where are we going.. Are human beings ready to attain the ultimate bliss of life? Is he capable of understanding the term God and His true nature??
Questions remain questions!

Liked your blog.
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home